- The property advertised on the French Charm website ("the Property") is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by French Charm ("the Agency") to the renter ('the Client').
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Agency will confirm the booking.
- The balance of the rental payment together with the security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Agency reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rental payment unless the Agency is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 5 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- A security deposit of £400 per booking is required in case of, for example, damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Agency. The Agency will refund the security deposit in full within four weeks after the end of the rental period provided the following provisions are met:
• No damage is done to the property or its contents
• The house is left clean and tidy. The Agency reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition
• No linen or towels are lost or damaged
• All rubbish and bottles are removed
• All soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned
• The barbecue is emptied and cleaned
• The house is locked and the keys left as instructed.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Agency is able to relet the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Agency's insurance.
- Unless previously agreed by the Agency, the rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Agency shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed that specified in the Property details nor that declared by the Client at the time of booking. This allows the Agency to pay the correct level of Taxe de S?jour to the French authorities on behalf of the Client.
- Pets are not allowed at any of the properties.
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of the properties. Guests smoking outside are responsible for removing their cigarette ends.
- The properties are linked to septic tanks which are effective when used correctly. Nothing other than toilet paper must be flushed down the toilets. Bins are provided for feminine products.
- Rental rates include an initial bed make up and supply of towels but daily maid service is not included. Towels must not be removed from the property. Clients are required to bring their own swimming towels.
- To conform to French legislation, each house's swimming pool has a security cover. It is the Client's responsibility to cover the pool at night, when absent from the property and when the pool is not in use to ensure everyone's safety.
- The Client agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Agency's representative, Madame Sudret (who lives in Champagnac and whose address is given in the house book) without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Client shall allow the Agency or its representative access to the property for purposes of repair. The Agency shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner
- The Agency shall not be liable to the Client:
• for any accidents, injuries or illness or loss of/damage to belongings while on the Property or while using its facilities;
• for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment or appliance in the Property, garden or swimming pool;
• for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Agency shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
Under no circumstances shall the Agency's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Agency for the rental period.
- This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.